Can you imagine what it would cost to recover from water damage caused by a flood? Are you prepared to pay that bill if it ends up happening?
Many people don’t realize that a homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover property damage or cover loss or damage of your possessions because of water damage because of a flood. Flood insurance covers the direct physical losses caused by floods, flood-related erosion, severe rainstorms, flash floods and mudslides.
Unless you live in an area designated high risk for flooding, you are not required to buy flood insurance. You should think twice about this! There are several reasons flood insurance is a good idea.
Top 14 Reasons to Have Flood Insurance:
- Your standard home policy does not cover damages caused by flood.
- There is a 30-day waiting period before most coverage begins. Don’t wait for it to start raining before you call for coverage.
- Coverage is inexpensive relative to the risk!
- Flooding occurs in moderate-to-low risk areas as well as in high-risk areas.
- Poor drainage systems, rapid accumulation of rainfall, snowmelt, and broken water mains can all result in flood.
- Properties on a hillside can be damaged by mudflow, a covered peril under the Standard Flood Insurance Policy.
- In high-risk areas, there is at least a 1 in 4 chance of flooding during a 30-year mortgage.
- If appliances are damaged, they will also be replaced.
- Flood insurance will give you a partial payment immediately so you can live back in your home as quickly as possible.
- You can depend on being reimbursed for flood damages because NFIP flood insurance is backed by the federal government, even if the President does not declare a federal disaster.
- You do not have to repay flood insurance benefits, and your premium will not go up because you make a claim.
- Renters can purchase flood insurance contents coverage for their personal belongings or business inventory.
- Basement coverage includes cleanup expense and items such as furnaces, water heaters, washers, dryers, air conditioners, freezers, utility connections, and pumps.
- Buying flood insurance is the best thing you can do to protect your home and business, and your family’s financial security from a flood.
We hope you never have to experience water damage in your home, but if it does please call contact Wes Harris of TSC Restoration at 619-596-3888.
We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With TSC Restoration “one call does it all.” You receive complete service for your emergency with one phone call and 24-hour emergency phone service. We take pride in our work and will give you a FREE estimate up front. We work with all insurance companies so the process is easy. Just call .