Mold Remediation and Removal
Professional and thorough mold remediation in San Diego and Southern California
Mold and mildew can wreak havoc on your environment. It can grow on hidden surfaces such as the back of drywall, wallpaper or paneling, the tops of ceiling tiles, and the underside of carpets and carpet padding.
Our team knows that mold outbreaks can be difficult to contain and can cause serious health implications. Our IICRC backed technicians work tirelessly to identify and eliminate mold threats to your property and family.
We respond quickly to your mold removal needs
When mold, bacteria or odor affect your indoor air quality, you must take action to protect the health of those in the environment and protect the value of your property. TSC Restoration is where one call does it all for mold remediation as well as the repair work needed. We handle 100% of the identification, testing, removal, and remediation process, so you’ll never have to call another mold removal company again. We’re even equipped to handle raw sewage cleanup.
Mold grows and spreads quickly
Mold spores develop in dark, damp environments. It can grow in many places, behind a shower wall, in a dark hallway closet, on a bathroom ceiling, in an enclosed laundry room, or under a kitchen sink anywhere the environment is dark and damp. When these spores are agitated, they become airborne. They can be inhaled, absorbed through the skin, or ingested with food.
It’s important to not only stop the visible mold, but to test and treat all possible sources of your mold infestation to prevent another outbreak.
Mold Remediation Services We Offer
When water damage is handled properly with a controlled drying process, the entire restoration project is both faster and more cost effective. Thoroughly drying the structure reduces structural damage and damage from mold and mildew, as well as additional damage caused by high humidity levels.
- Full Reconstruction
- Structural Cleaning
- Contents Restoration On or Off Site
- Pack Outs
- Contents Cleaning
- Itemized and Secure Storage
- Carpet & Upholstery
- Drapes & Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls & Hard Floors
- Air Ducts
Our Mold Testing & Abatement Process
- Identify the sources of mold growth and perform extensive mold testing
- Use thermal imaging technology to spot hidden mold buildups
- Perform dry ice blasting and/or HEPA vacuuming to safely and thoroughly dislodge the mold
- Physically remove all contamination
- Dry and dehumidify the area to slow future mold growth
- Fix any sources of water or humidity, such as plumbing leaks.
- Restore all affected contents
- Provide reports and documentation for safety and insurance purposes
Mold Cleanup is Essential to Prevent Serious Health Issues
All mold spores do not cause the same health issues, and not all people are affected equally. That being said, many varieties have serious, widespread health implications. Left untreated, mold can cause or contribute to a wide variety of conditions and diseases, including:
- Chronic cough
- Interstitial Pneumonitis
- Digestive tract illnesses
- Reproductive illnesses
- Pathogenic infections
Black mold poses serious health risks
Black mold is particularly dangerous. It produces neurotoxins called trichothecene mycotoxins that can cause personality changes, nervous disorders, circulatory symptoms, vision impairment, respiratory symptoms, immunosuppression, infertility, and more. Be sure to call us at the first sign of a black mold infestation, and evacuate the area immediately.
How To Prevent Mold Growth
- Identify possible sources of mold. This includes reoccurring leaks, condensation, or recent water damage in your home.
- Dry and dehumidify the area. Be sure to dry drapes, upholstery, carpet, and porous surfaces in particular.
- Increase ventilation in the area. Typically opening a window or interior door can make a huge difference, especially if the moisture build up is due to showering, doing dishes, or cooking.
- Apply mold resistant coating and disinfectant as necessary. Use a commercially available mildew resistant coating spray on problem surfaces and use a mold retardant after showering.
- Purchase a humidity meter or barometer for problem areas. If you have an attic or crawl space that is a possible mold source, a cheap moisture meter can help you track progress after increasing airflow.