Basement Flood Cleanup in San Diego
Not every home in San Diego has a basement, which means not every restoration contractor is equipped to handle basement flood clean up in San Diego.
Basement floods can do a lot of damage to your walls, flooring, electronics and sentimental items, and that’s just the beginning. They may also rot out parts of your home, shift your foundation, or cause an explosion in mold growth. That’s why it is critical to get a professional restoration company, like TSC Restoration, to handle your flooded basement.
Emergency Basement Flood Cleanup
If you are dealing with a flooded basement, you can’t afford to wait. Standing water will continue to seep deeper and cause more damage to your basement with each passing hour.
- Electronics and appliances can be damaged in even an inch of water. The fast they are dried out, the more likely they are to work.
- Mold growth can begin hours after a flood. Health authorities recommend you clean up flooded basements within 24-48 in order to prevent dangerous mold.
- Mildew smell will develop shortly thereafter. Like mold, it must be disinfected.
- The longer drywall and wood stay wet the more likely they are to develop water stains.
- Carpet on your basement floor or stairs will absorb a tremendous amount of water. It can be dried, but the more water, the slower the process.
- Sentimental items are a challenge to replace. The sooner they are dried, the more likely they will recover from the flood.
Wall insulation and electrical lines and panels may also become damaged, once the water soaks through your drywall. That’s why it’s important to call a basement flood cleanup service at the first sign of trouble, so it never gets the chance.
Contact Us For your Basement Water Damage Repair Needs Today
San Diego, CA 92101
We Have Professional Equipment to Clean-Up Your Basement Flood
The basement flood restoration process begins with bringing the right tools to the job. Our team brings powerful suction tools to remove every trace of flood water, even from your carpet. If you rent less powerful equipment, you may clean the surface moisture, but not truly dry the carpet, fabric, or other soaked materials in your basement. This gives mold and a chance to develop and may lead to rot.
Our team is equipped with top-of-the-line dehumidifiers, blowers, cleaners, disinfectants and suction equipment. These machines are much more powerful and comprehensive than a typical wet shop vacuum.
Causes of Basement Floods
Most basement floods in San Diego are caused by:
- Faulty washing machines or washing machine hookup lines
- Broken water heaters or water heater connections
- Bathroom floods that leak through the ceiling or down the stairs
- Environmental floods that seep in through foundation cracks or flow through windows
- Sewer backups and slab leaks
Types of Basement Flood Water
With our powerful equipment, we can completely remove every type of flood water, including those that are dangerous, from your basement. Grey and black water from sewer and wastewater floods can be dangerous to touch with your bare skin. Black water especially can allow harmful bacteria to infect every surface and object it touches.
If you have a grey or black water basement flood, you will need equipment to protect your skin, potentially even your lungs. You’ll also need disinfectants to kill the bacteria and restore your basement to a livable condition. Instead of fretting about finding this equipment yourself, let TSC Restoration bring our professional equipment and handle the basement flood or basement sewage cleanup process for you.
Cleaning Up Flooded Basements & More Throughout San Diego
After a flood, there’s a lot to worry about. Start by making a call to a restoration team that can take some of it off your plate.
Our 24-hour emergency line will take your call the moment you notice a flood. Our staff is dedicated to helping our customers through emergencies with patience and professionalism.
We offer many services for flood cleanups including:
- Contents restoration, including keepsakes
- Mold remediation
- Disinfectant application
- Flood restoration
- Water damage repair on walls, carpets, ceiling, stairs, and more
- Repair to your foundation, plumbing and electrical lines
When you call the responsive and professional team at TSC Restoration you can trust we’ll handle your flooded basement cleanup and restoration in record time.